Were running an Online Hiring Event every Saturday to hire PHP Software Architects ($60K/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a PHP software architect, you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as the maintenance team.
Our maintenance team is responsible for bug fixing across our 100+ product portfolio. The maintenance team has an element of product specialization but they are also process specialists. We want to ensure that our engineers have all the right information and toolsets available to be able to quickly reproduce a client’s environment, reproduce a bug, fix it, test it, document the fix and send for review. We have weekly product release cycles so we want to ensure that bugs get fixed as quickly as possible for our clients and that we are constantly improving the quality of our products.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against and you can expect to receive daily and weekly feedback about your performance. The regular feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to help you resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer using PHP
- 4+ years experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience leading or mentoring junior developers
- 2+ years experience in writing unit tests
- 2+ years in an environment where you used architecture principles and frameworks
- At least 1 year of working experience using cloud services such as AWS
- Experienced using Jira and Git
- General database knowledge in a technology such as SQL Server / Oracle / MySQL / MongoDB / Cassandra
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
- Some experience in Linux, Django, REST and shell scripting
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Good proficiency in the English language
These are the recommended and minimum system requirements for participating in the online hiring event.
- PHP 7+
- Laravel 5.6+
- MySQL 5.6+
- Any IDE
- Any MySQL client
To be considered for this position you are required to take part in a mandatory training series and tests included in our 4-week Bootcamp program.
After grading your tests, you will be eligible to take the Bootcamp which is usually held within a week of obtaining your test results. You will be paid the full-time rate for 40 hours per week for four weeks.
Once the Bootcamp tests are complete, we will be able to evaluate you for the position correctly. Bootcamp is a very tough training program, and only an average of 50% of attendees can finish it. Taking the Bootcamp doesn’t guarantee that you will be hired, but it is a requirement as part of the hiring process.