Join a dynamic and innovative team at Arla Foods as a Cloud Operations Engineer. As a senior specialist, youll be responsible for maintaining and supporting our cutting-edge Analytics Platform, working within a DevOps team to ensure operational stability and contribute to continuous improvement. If you have a passion for cloud computing, extensive experience with Microsoft Azure, and a desire to work for a forward-thinking company, this could be the role for you.
About the job
We are currently seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our IT team in Gdansk. In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support, and deployment of Arlas cloud-based analytics platform. You will work as apart of our DevOps team to ensure the smooth and reliable operation of our platform, and will act as a mentor and technical guide for junior team members. Also constantly assessing the support offering and providing feedback to improve our ways of working.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that all developments can be operationalized by communicating developmental needs early in the DevOps cycle
- Gain, store, and retain knowledge that can be shared and understood by the wider team and future operational resources
- Act as the go-to person for colleagues across IT
- Provide feedback and suggested improvements for ways of working
- Act as a mentor and trainer for junior team members to support their technical development
- Continuously learn and use that knowledge to keep pushing Arla forward
- Be part of the DevOps team responsible for supporting Arlas Analytics Platform
- Support analytics capabilities using Azure PaaS tools, SQL, and/or Python in a Spark-based Analytics Platform
- Contribute to the operational stability of Arlas Analytics Platform architecture
- Review product work, including detailed code, from platform contributors for approval to deploy; provide technical feedback as needed
- Ensure that there is minimum interruption of services
- Participate in building automation into DevOps pipelines
- Innovate and develop new ways of monitoring and providing insights to our platform and solutions built on top
- Step in as SRE chapter lead as required to ensure shared ways of working
Who are you?
- Strong problem-solver and trouble-shooter
- Experienced in operational tasks.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and to mentor and guide junior team members
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Forward thinking and creative person.
- Adaptability and Collaboration are natural assets that you use everyday.
Furthermore, you have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role, preferably working with cloud services in Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Databricks/Spark, and other related services is essential
- Proficiency with Python, ARM, and SQL would be a major advantage
- Experience with ServiceNow is also an advantage
What do we offer?
- Flexible working time (start your day of work between 7-9) and home office work possibility
- Trainings with experts & professional induction in a new position
- Financial support of your education
- Medical care & life insurance
- Additional benefits like gym card, vouchers, travel points or cinema tickets, etc.
- Scandinavian working style & no dress code
- Home kit – monitor, laptop, keyboard, mouse, headsets, webcam
- Referral program for employees
- Employee Assistance Program (legal, psychological, health, financial consulting, etc.)
- Support for your healthy lifestyle (fruit day, facility for sportsmen, sport challenges and activities, Arla active teams / sport groups)
… while in the office you can also use some of below:
- Modern office space with beautiful view and high standard furniture (i.e., adjustable desks)
- Chill-out rooms with X-box, pool table, board games, football table and swing