Do you love creating innovative solutions for customers?
Thomson Reuters Labs is looking to set up a new Lab in Gdańsk. We are currently seeking a passionate Cloud Engineer with experience in designing and operating cloud native applications, following infrastructure as code and DevOps principles to support our global Thomson Reuters Labs organization. As a member of Thomson Reuters Labs in Gdańsk, you will have a direct impact on our company by helping to create new and innovative capabilities that will delight our customers.
What does Thomson Reuters Labs do?
We experiment, we build, we deliver. We support the organization and our customers through applied research and the development of new products and technologies. TR Labs innovates collaboratively across our core segments in Legal, Tax & Accounting, Government, and Reuters News.
As a Senior Engineer at Thomson Reuters Labs in Gdańsk, you will be part of a global interdisciplinary team of experts. We hire specialists across a variety of AI research areas, as well as Engineering and Design, to drive the company’s digital transformation.
Is this you? Come join us!
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Senior Cloud & DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Develop and Deliver: Applying modern cloud & DevOps best practices, you will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, building, testing, and delivering high-quality solutions.
- Be a Team Player: Working in a diverse and collaborative team-oriented environment, you will share information, value diverse ideas, partner with cross-functional and remote teams.
- Be an Agile Person: With a strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, you will deliver innovative solutions using modern technologies.
- Be Innovative: You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. You will contribute innovative ideas, create solutions, and be accountable for end-to-end deliveries.
- Be an Effective Communicator: Through active engagement and communication with cross-functional partners and team members, you will effectively articulate ideas and collaborate on technical developments.
Your short-term tasks will be focused on:
- Familiarizing and adopting work methodology aligning with the existing engineering organization.
- Contributing to the delivery for key initiatives already in-flight within the labs engineering organization, providing additional cloud & DevOps expertise and throughput.
- Collaborating with the broader engineering organization in the definition, refinement, and adoption of standards in partnership with central and product technology organizations.
Long-term we will expect you to:
- Continue driving a culture of collaboration across sites and functions.
- Become a key member of a high performing team that can take ownership of innovative projects from inception to delivery.
- Proactively look for and explore opportunities where labs can improve the status quo or generate new business value.
- Take ownership and responsibility for cloud governance and maintenance tasks, ensuring a secure and cost-efficient use of cloud resources.
You’re a fit for the role of Cloud Engineer if you:
- Demonstrate extended knowledge of Amazon Web Services public cloud, ideally holding AWS certifications and practiced 3 or more years.
- Have a fundamental understanding of the SDLC and extensive hands-on experience in designing and delivering cloud native applications in collaboration with software engineering teams.
- Are passionate about automation and working following DevOps principles, where an infrastructure as code approach is core for all of what you do.
- Consider CI/CD and the DevOps toolchain part of your standard way of working and you know by heart the main frameworks used across the industry. Ideally you have 2 or more years of experience using the AWS standard toolchain.
- Can develop and maintain scripts and tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software to the AWS platform.
- Are proficient with AWS CloudFormation, Bash, Python, and other scripting languages.
- Have solid experience working with git and git workflows.
- Can perform fundamental linux administration tasks.
- Take pride in writing clean, reusable, maintainable and well-tested code.
- Are a problem solver by nature, you can proactively identify, clarify, and resolve issues within and outside the organization in a timely manner.
- Have a Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or related technical field.
For this role, we also strongly value if you:
- Have experience also with other cloud providers in particular Microsoft Azure.
- Had previous exposure to the AWS SageMaker suite of services.
- Have been successfully taking and integrating Machine Learning solutions to production-grade software.
- Are proficient also in other programming languages like TypeScript or Java.
- Have been working with GitHub and have experience using GitHub Actions.
What’s in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. In addition to rewarding and challenging work with exceptional colleagues, we offer the following benefits for your personal and professional growth:
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid work environment (in-office & home)
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
- Learning & Development through company sponsored access to learning, mentorship and networking programs
- Get a 360° view of Thomson Reuters: Thomson Reuters Labs is a microcosm of the entire corporation, giving employees who work here:
- Accelerated growth in cross-business knowledge.
- A rich internal network, including senior leadership representing all customer segments and functions.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.